Our 10 Class Pass is nontransferable, one person to a class pass – no sharing. Choose between private or semi-private lessons, they can be used on either surf or SUP lessons.
Surf Lesson – Waikiki
For Private and Semi-Private Lessons
- Price starts at
Private & Semi-Private Waikiki Surf Lessons with Hook Up Surfing!
Surfing Lesson Options
- Two Hour Semi-Private Surf Lesson: Student – Instructor Ratio, 3 students per 1 instructor up to 9 people with 3 instructors. For larger parties please check out our Group Lesson option. Minimum 2 people, lesson exclusive to your party. Instruction tailored to the level of surfers/paddlers.
- Two Hour Private Surf Lesson: Student – Instructor Ratio, 1 student per 1 instructor. Instruction tailored to the level of surfer/paddler.
- Lesson Services: Limited to 4ppl per class, all class members must be in the same party. We are not entertaining instructor requests at this time.
- Seasickness: If you get motion sick please take seasickness meds.
- Signs of Illness: If you show any signs and symptoms of illness we kindly ask that you reschedule or cancel your lesson (free of charge), for everyone’s safety we will not be taking anyone showing signs of illness surfing (including seasickness).
*This class requires at least two people to operate.
Learning The Basics Of Surfing
We Start Each Beginner Lesson With Thorough Safety Instruction
(Caution: may get photobombed by our advanced students)
We at Hook Up Surfing take safety very seriously. Besides, in case you get hooked on surfing, it is important to know the rules of the road. That is why each of our beginner lessons begins with on the beach safety instruction.
This is Where You Learn the FUN-damentals
On land practice can make or break your ability to surf in the water which is why we believe in the right amount of focused practice on land. We want you to keep surfing, so the fundamentals you learn here won’t be weird sumo stances with peace signs. We teach you the basics as if you’re a local that plans to surf daily. And if you are a local, wanting to learn, that plans to surf daily, we teach that too.
We Use Real Surfboards – Hand Picked For You
We hand select equipment for you. Ninety percent of our boards are Hard-top Surfboards. The only Soft-tops we generally use are Soft-top because they don’t come in Hard-top construction. Regular surf boards won’t rub you raw. Boards that are the correct size for you, as opposed to just giant soft boards, teach proper foot placement, balance, and allow you to get good at surfing more quickly. If we do have to use a Soft-top we choose the type that are real boards beneath the foam material so the transition to hard top when you are ready to drop in board size is seamless.
If you do want a Soft-top for any reason at all please just let us know ahead of time and we are more than happy to accommodate, we have plenty of sizes to choose from (12′, 11′, 9′, 8′, 7′).
Our Teaching Locations Provide Many Surf Break Options
Our main location has 10 surf spots (breaks) in close proximity. So if you’re a beginner and are a little timid we have access to the kindest, gentlest, and deepest teaching location on the island. If you are incredibly fit and are looking to shred some shoulder to head high waves on your first lesson, we have that too. We also have a number of options in between on any given day. We are blessed with beautiful long rides without ever having to worry about running into the sand.
If our favorite teaching location isn’t working on the day you book, no sweat, being mobile has it’s advantages. We have a number of backup locations that are absolutely amazing!
Surf Stoke For Days!
After your lesson we walk back to where we began, the walk back to the car always feels a little long, but it’s a small price to pay for perfect surf every day. After our walk we provide warm water, to rinse the salt off, and endless smiles. If we took photos this is when we pull out the laptop and enjoy the memories we just captured.