Our 10 Class Pass is nontransferable, one person to a class pass – no sharing. Choose between private or semi-private lessons, they can be used on either surf or SUP lessons.
Surf Coaching and Tours – Oahu
For Private and Semi-Private Lessons
- Semi-Private Lesson Ages 9+
- Private Lesson Ages 3+
- Go Pro Rental add on per Go Pro
- Go Pro Mount Rental per board mount
Surf Coaching and Tours in Oahu, HI with Hook Up Surfing!
Coaching Should Never Cost More Than Lessons Do and they Never Will At Hook Up Surfing.
Coaching Sign-up Options
- Two Hour Semi-Private Surf Lesson : Student – Instructor Ratio, 3 students per 1 instructor up to 9 people with 3 instructors. For larger parties please check out our Group Lesson option. Minimum 2 people, lesson exclusive to your party. Instruction tailored to the level of surfers/paddlers.
- Two Hour Private Surf Lesson: Student – Instructor Ratio, 1 student per 1 instructor. Instruction tailored to the level of surfer/paddler.
- Lesson Services: Limited to 4ppl per class, all class members must be in the same party. We are not entertaining instructor requests at this time.
- Seasickness: If you get motion sick please take seasickness meds.
- Signs of Illness: If you show any signs and symptoms of illness we kindly ask that you reschedule or cancel your lesson (free of charge), for everyone’s safety we will not be taking anyone showing signs of illness surfing (including seasickness).
*This class requires at least two people to operate.
Improve Skills And Take Surfing To The Next Level
Oahu has Over 200 Surf Breaks and Takes All Four Swell Directions
With a surf school on Oahu we are incredibly blessed to have access to surf locations that accommodate a variety of levels, goals, and surf heights on any given day.
Everyone in this Photo Began their Journey with us as a Beginner and They All Love to Shortboard
Some say learning how to shortboard as an adult is impossible, however, we have taught countless adults and children (numbering in the hundreds) how to short board over the years. It is absolutely possible and is one of our favorite things to share with visitors and locals alike!
Video Shows you What you can Improve Upon in Real Time
Video is a powerful tool! Our coaches have all apprenticed as photographers/videographers so we have unparalleled video coaching resources.
To book video coaching, add video to your booked lesson or add Go Pro Rental. Personally we find that you do get more out of having an actual videographer because the camera angles are better but offer both tools for your convenience.
We Are Passionate About Partnering With You on Your Surf Journey
Above is a photo of Ivan racing down the line to coach a new short boarder.
We don’t just push you on waves and say “see ya” (well okay maybe sometimes as a joke). We have helped hundreds of people build confidence, improve and get more out of their surfing. Whether you’re a beginner working on reading the ocean and feeling comfortable in a lineup, an intermediate excited about finding bigger waves, learning to turn, getting barreled, walking to the nose, or improving maneuvers we do everything in our power to help you improve as quickly as possible.
We Offer Tours Off the Beaten Path To Make Your Next Surf Excursion Amazing!
We offer a variety of surf tour options to suit your needs.
If you are looking to head off the beaten path our North/Shore East Side Surf Tour option is for you!
If your budget is limited or you just love town-side surf breaks like we do, we also have many uncrowded in-town (Honolulu, South Shore) options that are incredibly fun! To sign up for the South Shore option, just sign up for a private or a semi-private lesson (depending on the number in your party) and let us know the kind of experience you are looking for in the notes section.